Chickpeas are an ideal mix-in for tuna salad – the flavor is virtually unnoticeable, and they pack a nice punch of fiber and nutrients. For a vegan version, omit the tuna completely (you won’t miss the tuna)
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 can chunk light tuna in water, drained
- 5-6 tablespoons Veganaise or mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet relish
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 1/4 cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly cracked pepper
- Pinch of cayenne pepper for heat
- In a food processor pulse chickpeas into a chunky consistency; place in bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.