Untested Recipe from How to Cook Everything Fast by Mark Bittman
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound spinach
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 3 eggs
- 4 ounces parmesan cheese (1 cup grated)
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Cook pasta in salted water according to package instructions.
- Trim off any thick stems from the spinach.
- Heat 3 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the spinach and cook until the leaves are just wilted, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic when the spinach is almost finished cooking. When the spinach is tender, turn off the heat.
- Crack the eggs into a bowl. Add parmesan cheese, salt, and a generous amount of pepper. Whisk with a fork to combine.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain, reserving about 1 cup cooking water.
- Add the pasta to the spinach and pour in the egg mixture. Toss, adding a splash of cooking water if you want to make it saucier.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, and serve.