Adapted from vanillaandbean.com
- 1 1/2 cups (155g) rolled oats or oat flour
- 1 cup (250g) gluten free *sourdough discard
- 3/4 cups + 2 tablespoons (190g) whole milk
- 1/4 cup (60g) maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
*My sourdough starter was created with teff flour. I feed it with half ATK whole grain flour blend and half ATK AP flour blend
The night before:
- Into the pitcher of a high speed blender, add the rolled oats, sourdough discard, milk, maple, and vanilla extract.
- Blend for about 40 seconds, until the batter is smooth.
- Put the lid on the blender and allow to rest overnight at room temperature
The next morning:
- Add eggs, melted butter, baking powder, baking soda, and salt to the batter. Blend for about 40 seconds.
- Heat a nonstick griddle or skillet over medium heat (350F – 375F / 178C – 190C). Lightly oil or butter the surface.
- Pour about 3/4 cups batter onto as many places as will fit. The pancakes should be about 4″ in diameter.
- When bubbles start appearing towards the center of the pancake, gently lift the edge of the pancake to see if it’s golden-brown on the bottom. Flip the pancake when the color is to your liking or bubbles appear around the edges with a few on top. Cook the pancake until the underside is golden-brown and the pancake is cooked through. Finish with the remaining batter.