Adapted from Alton Brown
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 3/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup nuts (my favorite are a mix of raw pumpkin seeds and raw sliced almonds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to 250-F.
In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, oil, and salt until well combined.
Add oats, nuts, and coconut; mix well.
Spread onto a baking sheet and cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to achieve an even color.